Return of Yogeeswarar after 12 years

Yogeeswarar went on pilgrimage after he left Alwarkurichi for a period of 12 years and returned to Vellanguli village, Tirunelveli. He directly went to his brother in law’s (siva subramanyam) wife house who is a widower in the afernoon time. The front door was closed when he went there and he knocked the door. Women in the house thought that some one who is a begger might be knocking the door and didnt answer the door knock. Yogeeswarar then called the people at home by name and people in the house bounded by fate thought it was the begger again and scolded the person who is calling them by name without opening the door. Hearing that, Yogeeswarar left the kaavadi and Gangasthali that he had with him at the door step of the house and started walking towards to west direction. Little later the women in the house realized that the voice belongs to some one whom she knows and then at once came running towards the front door and opened it to see who it was. She realized the person who is walking away with beard and mustache is Yogeeswarar and asked her son to go and fetch him to house. Her son, ran towards Yogeeswarar and asked to come back to home. But yogeeswarar asked him to take care of the house and started walking away. When the soon looked back, he suddenly saw the house was engulfing with fire and he ran back to put off the fire. While everybody was busy putting off the fire, they didnt pay attention to where yogeeswarar left. But, they communicated the news about Yogeeswara to relatives in Alwarkurichi.

As time progressed, Yogeeswarar’s son venkata subbaiyer has reached 18 years and was brought up by his uncle with great love and affection. He was married to Gowri parvathi as per the previous arrangements and was living in his father-in-law’s house. One day, his father-in-law asked him to take care of accounting crops that were grown in the field. When his father-in-law went to the field, he didnt fine his son-in-law and also heard that he didnt fulfill the task given to him. Father-in-law scolded Venkata Subbaiyer for his carelessness after he came to home. Hearing that, Venkata Subbaiyer left the home without telling anyone. He went straight to sringeri and joined the sringeri paata shala. There he acquired education along with jyotisha shastra and maandrika shastra. He returned after 5 years to Alwarkurichi after he completed his education and his father-in-law was very happy about the development made by Venkata Subbaiyer. His father-in-law built a separate house for him in the neighboring open land and helped Venkata subbaiyer to start the family with Gowri parvathi on that house.

What happened next? Let us wait until my next post.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s